The 2017 Pinewood Derby (PWD) is just around the corner and will be at El Toro Elementary school this year. Two important dates to remember.
– Car check-in: Fri January 26, 6:00 – 8:00pm
All participating cars must be checked in at this time! You can not race your car if it is not checked in.
– Pinewood Derby Race Day: Sat January 27, 2017, 9:00 – 11:30am
We will have 2 race classes again:
1) Scout class; for anybody registered as a Cub scout at Pack 700 who comply with the official PWD rules.
2) Family class: for siblings, (grand)parents etc. etc. that want to race according to the same rules as the scouts.
**A third class, the Open Class, can be added if there is enough interest. Please let me know by 1/17/18 if you’re interested in the Open class.
We still need volunteers to assist with a few different items:
1) Help with Check-in night, setting up venue, assemble track, assist with check-in counter, last minute car mods, etc.(4-6 volunteers)
2) We need 1-2 volunteers to coordinate coffee/donut/breakfast snack item donations and sales for the day of PWD.
3) 4-6 people to help on event day with launch ramp, handing out cars, operating race software, and of course cleanup crew.
Please let Craig Nishimura or Bob Jamison know if you would like to help out and make PWD a successful event for your scout. He would like to have volunteers identified by our next Pack meeting on Jan 18.
Please check out the PWD rules which will govern how the cars are to be constructed and judged during check-in for compliance.
See you at the finish line!